Because of the Covid crisis, council has been accepting online comments only. You’ll now need to set up an account on the Culver City website and post your comments that away.
We’ve included a tutorial to help you get started.
In order to better moderate comments, the city has routed all comments through the city website. If you send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, you’ll get a reply saying you need to go to www.culvercity.org/agendas instead, and post your comment there. Here’s some basic instructions:
- Find the meeting you want to comment on by navigating to the Culver City council meetings page through culvercity.org. If it accepts comments, you’ll see an eComment link on the right side, as the diagram above shows.
- Click that link, and it’ll take you to the meeting. Find the agenda item you want to comment on. Most agendas have multiple webpages – you’ll have to navigate using the navigation bars at the bottom.
- Once there, enter your comment in the field provided. You’ll then get the option to create an account or link to your Facebook. I like to create a separate account.
- Once you’ve set up the account, it will send an e-mail to the address you provided, asking to verify your account. Do that.
- If your account was verified properly, you’ll see your own comment when you go back to the agenda item. I encountered an error when I verified my address. But I was able to login with my account, re-enter my comment, and I was good to go.
The account setup is a one time process. The advantage of this is, if you set up a bio, people will get to know your better and who you are. This way we see who is a stakeholder in this city.
Remember to get your comments in before 4pm – though it sounds like with this process, you can enter them even during the meeting. Any questions, feel free to reply to this e-mail. Or check out the city’s how-to Youtube.
One Reply to “Covid Council Commenting Conventions”